Apply for Your Visa

Delaying Your Application

Once you submit Form DS-260 your Visa Procedure will start. With a high ranking Case Number it can be better not to submit the DS-260 right-away when your current N-I Visa does not allow intent to immigrate. Wait till you have more certainty – based on Visa Bulletins – that your Case Number will become current.

There can be other reasons to delay submitting Form DS-260. If you have a partner but are not married yet, or if you met ‘the one’ after entering the Visa Lottery, it is better to first marry and then submit your DS-260.
You can then enter the date of your marriage and the name, other information about your husband or wife. Your spouse can then also submit his/her Visa Application.

(In case you meet ‘him or her’ after you submitted your DS-260, contact the KCC for instructions. Your form can be ‘unlocked’ so you can add the new information.
However ‘unlocking’ is no longer possible once your file is sent to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will have the Visa Interview. In that case you must contact the Embassy or Consulate and ask for instructions.)