Family Coming With You

Your Family Members

Because you are a Selected Entrant you can submit your Visa Application.

If you are married your spouse can also submit a Visa Application. He/she will be issued his/her own visa at the same time that your visa is issued.

Cohabiting, living as husband and wife in a common marriage, or living in a registered relationship, does not count as a marriage for U.S. immigration purposes.
A legal same-sex marriage does count.

If you have an unmarried child/children under 21 years they can immigrate with you.

Married children and children over the age of 21 are not eligible anymore for a visa based on your win. They ‘aged out’ for immigration purposes.
The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) protects some children from aging out in certain circumstances.

A spouse or child will not be given a Diversity Visa if the Selected Entrant is found not eligible and cannot be issued the visa.

You cannot ask questions or answer questions on behalf of a child 18 years or older.
If a Customer Service call is necessary with the KCC or a U.S. Embassy or Consulate regarding this child, he or she must make the call.