Appointments Interview & Med Exam

Interpreter Services

If you are not fluent in English and also not fluent in the language of the country where you currently live, you can request being allowed to bring an interpreter to the Visa Interview and to the Medical Examination.

The same applies if you depend on the use of sign language.

You must beforehand receive permission from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to be accompanied by an interpreter – otherwise he/she will not be admitted.
The same goes for the doctor’s office or the medical clinic.

The interpreter must bring photo ID like a passport or driver’s license.

The interpreter must be fluent in English as well as in your native language.

Some Embassies or Consulates do not allow a relative to interpret for you.

Many Embassies or Consulates do not allow outside interpreters and will if needed provide an interpreter for you.

For further information check the web pages of the Embassy or the Consulate where you will have the Visa Interview.