Appointments Interview & Med Exam Security Measures
Appointments Interview & Med Exam
You cannot enter a U.S. Embassy or Consulate or an USCIS Office while carrying:
- A large shoulder bag. Only a purse that can be carried by hand is permitted.
- A travel bag, backpack, briefcase, suitcase, or zip folder. Only a plastic bag containing papers related to your application or the documents for your Visa Interview, is permitted.
- A battery-operated or electronic device such as a mobile phone, digital diary, pager, camera, laptop, I-pad, portable music player, electronic game.
- Audio or video cassettes, compact discs, floppy disks, hard drives, memory sticks.
- Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, matches, lighters.
- Sharp objects such as screwdrivers, scissors, knives, pen knives, files, nail files.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Explosive materials.
- Liquid items.
- Foods and beverages.
Child car seats, strollers, etc. are usually also not allowed.
Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of the security staff at the Embassy or Consulate or USCIS Field Office or Support Center. E.g. digital watches.
Some Embassies/Consulates/USCIS Offices now allow mobile phones.