AOS Procedure Part 1 Information for DS-260
AOS Procedure Part 1
Information for DS-260
You must submit Form DS-260 Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application. The Notice of Selection page will direct to instructions that give access to this form. It can also be accessed in the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at ceac.state.gov
If family members are immigrating with you each must also complete a Form DS-260. A parent can complete the form for a child younger than 14.
Form DS-260 is a long form with many questions that must all be answered.
The form is interactive and adjusts the questions based on the answers given.
If your situation changes after you submitted the Visa Application you can contact the KCC and ask to ‘unlock’ your Form DS-260 so you can change and/or add information.
You can also use ‘unlock’ if you realize after submitting the form that you gave an incorrect or incomplete answer.
You must have handy for each applicant:
- the Case Number as given in the Notice of Selection
- His/her Passport
- Expired Passport if it contains the current N/I visa
- Biographic Information
- All addresses where he or she lived since age 16
- Biographic Information about his or her parents
- Information regarding Work History: dates of (self)employment, names/addresses of employers, job titles, etc.
- Information regarding Education: schools attended at secondary level or above. Secondary schools provide education usually between the ages of 11-18. Give the name of a school as it appears on diploma or certificate.
Also if applicable:
in case of dual citizenship
- Second Passport
for males only who served in armed forces
- Information regarding Military Service
if married without or with children
- Spouse’s Passport
- Child/children’s Passport(s)
- Spouse’s Biographic Information
- Child/children’s Biographic Information
having traveled to the U.S. before
- dates of last five visits to the U.S.
- information about previous visas
You must enter ALL your children, not only your eligible children.
For Country of Birth give the name currently in use.
A Visa Number is printed in red on the lower right corner of the visa.
To access Arrival/Departure information go to:
Click For International Travelers, Get Your I-94 Admission Number.
The page that opens has the option View Travel History